QOS vrs Ayr

Started by shuggie sproat, April 23, 2022, 16:54:08

Previous topic - Next topic

shuggie sproat

We needed their goal scorer to score for us!.

dickmalone

Bullen still has no clue. Waste of space along with a lot of players and the whole board.
This car crash of a manager hasnt won a game for months. Kerr Hopkin and Duffy were no worse than this imposter....still this is down to the board....but at least we have a hub...sheesh

JohnnyDoyle7

This season has been a car crash. 3 managers, all with their own ideas, you can't expect consistency.

If we stay up, and it's still an if, then Bullen deserves the chance to build his own team and challenge for the promotion playoffs

shuggie sproat

How many goes have the board had now at appointing someone?,McCall was our
last real manager,and let us be brutally honest ,he only came to us because no one
else would touch him.But he had what it takes,able to spot a player,get players to play for him,he had the talents but unfortunately personal demons damaged his reputation,but his tenure at Ayr restored and rehabilitated him.He brought a badly needed professionalism to the club which was sorely lacking.I think amateur hour returned when he left.Nobody of note will come to the club because we have been
bedevilled by a lack of ambition.That lot up the road spent one year down and are back up,for forty four years we have been in the wilderness.The so called directors
over the years should hang their heads in shame.

dickmalone

Quote from: JohnnyDoyle7 on April 23, 2022, 18:08:46 This season has been a car crash. 3 managers, all with their own ideas, you can't expect consistency.

If we stay up, and it's still an if, then Bullen deserves the chance to build his own team and challenge for the promotion playoffs

He obviously cant motivate. Though i accept its hard to motivate a pile of sh1te

JohnnyDoyle7

Up until about 80 mins last week the players were fairly motivated. And reading the posts on P&B today we seemed to be the better team in the first half and had the better chances.

If we win next week we deserve to stay up.

I'm not saying the board and David Smith are perfect but I do think they are trying to take the club in a better direction and it won't happen overnight.

I want us to win something, I hate Kille with a passion and I'd love nothing more than to shove their WFAANW down their throats,

ghostofjimmysmith

I genuinely had the fear for yesterday, especially when QOS scored but for once we got a bit of luck and all still in our own hands and can't go straight down. Single goal in either ours or the Dunfermline game either keeps us up or puts in the play offs but even the play offs would be still be in our own hands.

Jury still out on Bullen but parallels with McCall - massively underwhleming first six months that almost saw us relegated to league 2. Then two acts - act one further underwhleming as we struggled to a play off win and then came staight back down - Dumbarton staying up that season and Dick Campbell and Arbroath exploits this season have killed being part time as any kind of excuse - act two the best team the club had had in 20 years and finding our own Roy of the Rovers.

If we do go down does Glendinning have a list of signing targets for league one or will we just try and get the same targets to come and play in league one? Mathie and Glendinning I am speculating are a £70-100k wage bill we didn't have to worry about last time in league one

Try6Place

Suppose that counts as a good result for down there.
Anyone's guess how Friday will go. Generally not very inspiring. Have we been bottom of the league for two full seasons almost? League table doesn't generally tell lies. Strides off the park though...still plenty room for improvement however. Let's hope we don't have to go back down to do it. :-[

JohnnyDoyle7

I suspect that Lee Bullen was appointed because of his work in coaching the youth teams at Sheffield Wednesday and Ayr are trying to bring more players through from the academy. If we don't give them a chance to play in the first team then why have the academy because all they'll do us go somewhere else.

I don't think it's right to throw a load of young players into a relegation fight, our experienced players should be doing that unfortunately most have been poor to say the least.

Next season if we survive is when he can play more youngsters, I'd like to see a younger team with a few older heads in there.

Jeff Vader

At what point do we start speculating to accumulate. KFC kept their premiership budget and got the reward to win the league (just). If we are continually going to have a lower budget than others in the Championship then we're unlikely to ever get back to the top league. It's been 44 years FFS!

JohnnyDoyle7

We tried speculate to accumulate under Bill Barr and where did it get us. An overdue tax bill and the club struggling to keep afloat.

Maybe Lachlan Cameron wasn't popular with everyone but he steadied the club, brought in McCall who put us back in the Championship and when he left wrote of the loans he was owed.

Try6Place

Bullen very youth oriented, however need some experience too to attain mid-table mediocrity/safety, never mind kicking on to try to actually go up. To say our more experienced players have been a let down is an understatement. Just not enough consistency or sense of direction/leadership. It's the team on the park and the coaches that have to give the supporters something to believe in and get behind. Be safe for a couple of seasons then try and kick on. It never seems to work for us though...can't get/keep the right staff.

JohnnyDoyle7

Agreed, get more younger players in the first team with some good old heads around them otherwise why do we have the academy?

I think we'd all rather see some young players who are at least interested in playing for Ayr instead of a bunch of journeyman who don't care who they play for.

McCall wasn't interested in bringing young players through from the academy instead getting them from other clubs. They then left under foc and we end up with no player and little or no money from it. Yes it was great while it lasted but 2 years later we are back to surviving relegation.

We need to do something different and Bullen deserves the chance. If we are struggling again then fair enough punt him  but he inherited the squad. Like someone said earlier it took McCall at least 2 seasons but what he does isn't financially sustainable for a club like ours.