Season 2021-2022

Started by ghostofjimmysmith, May 04, 2022, 21:04:21

Previous topic - Next topic

ghostofjimmysmith

A most bonkers and underwhelming season gone. Started with many including David Hopkin becoming intimately knowledgable with Burnley u-23's in mistaken hope of signing loanees, saw us have three permanent and one caretaker manager and bi-polar weekly change of perceptions of players on P and B.

We have let three go so far - they barely featured so can't be blamed for much on the pitch but potentially using a squad place for someone who might have fought for a place - although in big Markus we have let our least worst right back go.

Maxwell and Reading wildly inconsistent veering from looking absolute class to being at best anonymous, at worst a liability - on the fence with Reading but Maxwell being subbed twice before half time in recent games means I think he is a luxury player even if he is young.

Seems to have a manager who will finally give our own youth a chance - Bryden, Smith, Hewitt all look to have potential with the limited we have seen. McKenzie very much jury out, especially as he has been involved in 30-40 games at this level - don't get what loaning him to a league one side will tell us - but probably worth one more season, hopefully in a more settled setup.

Defence needs overhauled - seesm we are sticking with McGinty but indifferent if the rest go as we need to be much stronger at the back or we will struggle again.

Midfield much better since January and would be great to sign McInroy and Murdoch up. On fence with Dempsey only due to concersn whether he is inhury prone. OConnor another one I am not sure about - absolutley brings play up the pitch but we need a wide man who can chip in with half a dozen goals and double figures assists - yes we started the season playing hoofball but no goals and I think three assists suggests we need to look elsewhere.

Adeloye a cracking player who was hampered by playing 1 up front for large parts of the season - scores lots of different types of goals but also guilty of wasting chances - would love another season but think he will move on.

Ashford loads of effort but does no look a goalscorer - with right partner though could be highly effective.

For me jury out on Glendinning, only Ashford and McInroy started on Friday from the six January signings we made - Dempsey only other one who may have started if fit. We need to find first team quality players.

I appreciate some will disagree but the offering the bulk of the current squad new contracts gives me the fear.

Hope for next season is anything but one up front - doesn't really work at this level

shinglis

Club have issued the player status update:
QuotePlayers in contract for Season 2022/23

Aidan McAdams
Jordan Houston
Sean McGinty
Michael Hewitt
Mark McKenzie
Finn Ecrepont
Paul Smith
Nick McAllister
Fraser Bryden
Sam Ashford
Kinlay Bilham
Alex Jeanes
Players returning to their Parent Club

James Maxwell
Blaine Rowe
Players that have been offered new terms

Paddy Reading
Andrew Murdoch
Ben Dempsey
Michael Moffat
Charlie Albinson
Jack Baird
Daire O'Connor
Aaron Muirhead
Players currently in discussion

Tomi Adeloye
Kerr McInroy
Players whose contracts are expiring

Ryan Gondoh
Markus Fjortoft
Michael Miller
Alex Kenyon

dickmalone

Quote from: shinglis on May 05, 2022, 12:17:22 Club have issued the player status update:
QuotePlayers in contract for Season 2022/23

Aidan McAdams
Jordan Houston
Sean McGinty
Michael Hewitt
Mark McKenzie
Finn Ecrepont
Paul Smith
Nick McAllister
Fraser Bryden
Sam Ashford
Kinlay Bilham
Alex Jeanes
Players returning to their Parent Club

James Maxwell
Blaine Rowe
Players that have been offered new terms

Paddy Reading
Andrew Murdoch
Ben Dempsey
Michael Moffat
Charlie Albinson
Jack Baird
Daire O'Connor
Aaron Muirhead
Players currently in discussion

Tomi Adeloye
Kerr McInroy
Players whose contracts are expiring

Ryan Gondoh
Markus Fjortoft
Michael Miller
Alex Kenyon
Oh great ...looks like we are going to be left with most of the cr@p that gloriously nearly won us relegation.  Roll on next season...not!

ghostofjimmysmith

Folks suggesting on P and B we sign Craig Wighton (this season 27 games 0 goals) from Dunfermline - dear oh dear Cammy Salkeld scored more goals this season

ghostofjimmysmith

Baird and Muirhead away to other championship teams - hopefully we bring in better.

JohnnyDoyle7

Not fussed about either leaving. The defense has been a bomb scare all season and with these 2 and Fjortoft going it's a  fresh start.