Emergency Loan Signing.

Started by shinglis, February 27, 2016, 07:04:46

Previous topic - Next topic

shinglis

Ok so what do think about this emergency loan signing;

Ross McCrorie has today signed on an emergency one month loan from Rangers.

By all account a good versatile player and no one can deny we have been struggling with a number of injuries etc.

My obvious question is given he's only 18, should any of the current AUFA players be given a chance before bringing in a 1 month loan player. My assumption is that obviously Mcall thinks he's a better quality or more rounded player and certainly comes with a reasonable record for such a young age.

Regardless if he starts today I wish him luck and we come away with the 3 points because ultimately that's all that matters at the moment.

Ayrzurri

That's a youth player from Killie now Rangers . Not sure why any of our youths hang around when they see what's happening . Seems to be a bit of a waste of time and money the Academy . Just give McCall the Academy cash to go out and buy players and other teams youth players .

kb

Totally agree Ayruzzi

Surely time to scrap the academy

Bringing in an 18 year old from another team tells the truth about what the club thinks of the academy players
Mon Ayr, Mon Super Ayr !!!!!!!

The real jolly

More short term thinking from McCall.got to ask why our boys falter when they reach the under 20s team.poor leadership at that level doesn't help but surely we have to show faith in some of these boys at this level FFS we don't even show faith in them to play against the likes of Cowden and Stranny!Wardrope is more than capable and as for more of the 20s I think questions should be asked of the many coaches who's job it is to nurture them to first team level,mccall surely responsible as well.

Castilla

Wardrope has been given a chance, taken it and shouldn't be dropped. However someone needs to play next to him as Stevenson clearly can no longer play there. Think Wardrope and Mcrorie will line up together today.

Ayrzurri

February 27, 2016, 11:30:08 #5 Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 11:41:45 by Ayrzurri
Agree , players are good enough so what's the problem , seems to be something wrong with our current set-up . I've watched this team a few times at home , there's players there , pity they're going to have to probably move on elsewhere to get their chance . Why would some of them hang about when they see what's happening . Do we not currently have a young sitting midfielder in the boy McCready who played with Wardrobe and going by reports from an ex Ayr player coach at Dundee was our best player ? Wonder what Nisbet , McKenzie , McGuffie , McCracken , Muir are all thinking  .

David Castilla

Most of our youth players are out on loan playing regularly for decent junior teams and getting the experience they need to try and break into the team.  They are getting loads of experience as well as playing in the development league.  We're doing with these guys what the likes f Rangers are doing with McCrorie.  Over the past few years, we've seen a lot of youth players in and around the first team:

Forrest
Crawford
Muir
McCracken
Wardrope
Nisbet
McKenzie
Newman

Not sure on the stats, but you're probably close to 200 appearances between them, which is very good.
The dream will never die.

Lochwood

Have spoken to a good connection at rangers about this boy, very well thought of and the most improved youngster in the youths at this time.

Big strong and very quick and very versatile, his twin brother also at Ibrox (keeper) couple of big English clubs have already tried to but them.

The other player rated at Ibrox Jordan Thomson will be playing against us this afternoon for Airdrie, will be interesting to see how they square up against each other.

Youth Reporter

Very good points about the Academy , lads need to see a pathway and it must be demoralising for them to see Hodge & McCrorie come in to your Club and take places that they have been pushing for. I felt myself that there was a change in emphasis a while back , the Academy players used to get pushed on from within , if you were good enough you were old enough , not so sure that will happen now.

Used to hear alot about the likes of Jai Holland ( the mini Moff ) and others from that u19 final against Celtic such as Nissy whom you would have expected to have come on a bit more by now. Good to see Mick Wardrop at least getting and taking his chance.

The lad McCrorie is good but not a world beater , I watched an Ayr Youth team draw 2-2 at Murray Park a couple of years ago in a game in which he played. Rangers scored a late late equaliser and the Ayr coach proceeded to tear right into his squad for not winning the game. The Big Dutchman in charge of Youth Development at the SFA at the time  ( Was it Mark Wotte ? ) then took the Ayr coach aside to " have a word " about his " feedback " to the young players .

David Castilla

Quote from: Youth Reporter on February 27, 2016, 14:01:38
Very good points about the Academy , lads need to see a pathway and it must be demoralising for them to see Hodge & McCrorie come in to your Club and take places that they have been pushing for. I felt myself that there was a change in emphasis a while back , the Academy players used to get pushed on from within , if you were good enough you were old enough , not so sure that will happen now.

Used to hear alot about the likes of Jai Holland ( the mini Moff ) and others from that u19 final against Celtic such as Nissy whom you would have expected to have come on a bit more by now. Good to see Mick Wardrop at least getting and taking his chance.

The lad McCrorie is good but not a world beater , I watched an Ayr Youth team draw 2-2 at Murray Park a couple of years ago in a game in which he played. Rangers scored a late late equaliser and the Ayr coach proceeded to tear right into his squad for not winning the game. The Big Dutchman in charge of Youth Development at the SFA at the time  ( Was it Mark Wotte ? ) then took the Ayr coach aside to " have a word " about his " feedback " to the young players .

Hodge hasn't made one apperance for the squad.

Holland is just back from a year out due to a double break on his leg from a game at Queens Park.  He's had a few minutes over the past few weeks for the 20s, not being rushed back in.

Your basing your opinion on McCrorie from a game 2 years ago?  Since then he captained the Scotland u17s  at last years Euro Champs and is a regular in the Scotland under 19s and captain of the Rangers U20s, can't be too bad?

TonyH

Youth Reporter

Mick Wardrop dropped to the bench , who I thought was one of your better players from the TV v Forfar.

However its a results business and if the 3 pts are won today does it really matter if Ayr are producing Young players for themselves or developing talent for others ?

Will leave that for Ayr fans to discuss.

David Castilla

Quote from: Youth Reporter on February 27, 2016, 15:34:41
Mick Wardrop dropped to the bench , who I thought was one of your better players from the TV v Forfar.

However its a results business and if the 3 pts are won today does it really matter if Ayr are producing Young players for themselves or developing talent for others ?

Will leave that for Ayr fans to discuss.

McCreadie and Hilton both on the score-sheet for Lugar today, with Hilton and McCreadie missing penalties, currently winning 3-0.  Seem to be gaining some much valued game time out on loan, like other players are doing in these divisions.

Youth Reporter

David - Good 3pts for Ayr today so your managers selections justified but your points about McCreadie & Hilton don't stack up as BOTH these lads are from an older age group than McCrorie who is a 1998 birthday but went straight in to your starting 1st team line up today while Ayr's own lads as you mention were playing Ayrshire Junior League . Could McCreadie for instance have done the same job up at the Excelsior today if given the opportunity ? That's the point I was trying to make.

David Castilla

Quote from: Youth Reporter on February 27, 2016, 17:06:28
David - Good 3pts for Ayr today so your managers selections justified but your points about McCreadie & Hilton don't stack up as BOTH these lads are from an older age group than McCrorie who is a 1998 birthday but went straight in to your starting 1st team line up today while Ayr's own lads as you mention were playing Ayrshire Junior League . Could McCreadie for instance have done the same job up at the Excelsior today if given the opportunity ? That's the point I was trying to make.

Steven might no be as developed as McCrorie, who was also brought in because of his versatility, can play in 3 different positions. 

The lads on loan in the juniors are not only gaining valuable experience through game time, they will be toughening up playing against some of the players there, not to mention getting a boost in self confidence through winning matches in a competitive league.

Youth Reporter

Have not seen much of Ayr 20s this season but I am sure young McCreadie can play numerous positions including both centre mid and centre back. Also likes to get forward from memory.

TonyH

AU Media man of the match, think that says it all.

red dug

Usual negative stuff from same people I was there today after a slow start the boy really came on to a game

Doyle

The boy  McCrorie had an excellent game, and the truth of the matter is, he is a better player than what we have in the same age group........and will get even better with games at this level.....

The real jolly

What's negative about wanting our youth system to be successful so we don't have to help other clubs ?