So glad you could join us

Started by Parsman, May 17, 2016, 00:29:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Parsman

Congrats on your promotion from a Dunfermline fan . Great to see you come up with us as you will add more to Championship than Stranraer - lets face it the only time you want to go there is for a ferry!!  Interested on how you think you will do next season . Games between us were fairly competitive and I wondered if you would keep the bulk of your squad or likely to be changes. Word here out East is Moffat heading possibly back to Ayr which is a blow as been great for us this season in creating chances . Is Ryan Stevenson value or a bust ? Always liked the look of Devlin and the wee guys Docherty and Gilmour when seen them but am I right in thinking strikers were loaned to you - chances of getting them back ?

I'd like to see us consolidate in Championship first season and hope our fans don't get ridiculous expectations if we are to do a Morton then that will do me and I guess you guys feeling much the same.

Good luck and all the best next season

sci-fi

We're delighted to be joining you. Should've been a tighter race at the top given our early season form but our consistency slipped, partly due to injuries, and youse went clear eventually. After Gilmour's handball at 2-0 up our season had one agenda. Which we eventually achieved.

Yes, there has to be massive improvements in the squad but I think most of us also want some continuity. We've failed to survive the last couple of times with entirely different teams than got us promotion. That said, we need to improve quality in key positions. To quickly answer your question, I think Stevenson is done and Moffatt is worth a shot. The romantic in me would love to see them both here but that seems unlikely. Both Moore and Preston were loanees, yes. Sure we'll try to get Moore back but looks like Preston is off. Docherty has a bit of class but can get outmuscled as evidenced against Stranraer. He's more than capable of playing at Championship level but excels with a hard man beside him. Adams has been used sparingly due to injury but is probably worth keeping on as back-up.

Just to be in that league next season is such a relief as I'm sure you can understand.

red dug

Quote from: Parsman on May 17, 2016, 00:29:11
Congrats on your promotion from a Dunfermline fan . Great to see you come up with us as you will add more to Championship than Stranraer - lets face it the only time you want to go there is for a ferry!!  Interested on how you think you will do next season . Games between us were fairly competitive and I wondered if you would keep the bulk of your squad or likely to be changes. Word here out East is Moffat heading possibly back to Ayr which is a blow as been great for us this season in creating chances . Is Ryan Stevenson value or a bust ? Always liked the look of Devlin and the wee guys Docherty and Gilmour when seen them but am I right in thinking strikers were loaned to you - chances of getting them back ?

I'd like to see us consolidate in Championship first season and hope our fans don't get ridiculous expectations if we are to do a Morton then that will do me and I guess you guys feeling much the same.

Good luck and all the best next season
Thanks for that good to join you I'm happy anyway you wouldn't think somepeople are with the dross posted tonight

Balloon Boy

thanks for that, look forward to locking horns next season again.....

TonyH

Thanks Parsman.
We did it the hard way but got there in the end!
We will obviously need to strengthen same as any promoted team but we have a good manager and a decent core of players.
Some people are far too quick to write us off, don't forget Stranraer put eight goals past Livingston.
Anyway, not going to worry right now, too busy watching the penalty shoot out and celebrations again !

MarkG2018

Cheers Parsman. Great to see a sensible, polite post from an opposition fan. A moment's sanity in a world gone mad!

red dug

Quote from: MarkG2018 on May 17, 2016, 22:02:50
Cheers Parsman. Great to see a sensible, polite post from an opposition fan. A moment's sanity in a world gone mad!
Too right because there's hafwits on P+B with an obsession