north terrace

Started by titus, August 04, 2016, 14:15:39

Previous topic - Next topic

titus

As a punter who has stood on the north terrace for over 40 decades is it not about time we had a roof over our heids,it would not only keep us dry but also help the atmosphere inside the stadium.

Tam_O_Shanter

Quote from: titus on August 04, 2016, 14:15:39
As a punter who has stood on the north terrace for over 40 decades is it not about time we had a roof over our heids,it would not only keep us dry but also help the atmosphere inside the stadium.

I'm guessing your real name is Methuselah.

Ayr Apparent

Quote from: Tam_O_Shanter on August 04, 2016, 14:18:20
Quote from: titus on August 04, 2016, 14:15:39
As a punter who has stood on the north terrace for over 40 decades is it not about time we had a roof over our heids,it would not only keep us dry but also help the atmosphere inside the stadium.

I'm guessing your real name is Methuselah.

After 400 years, he should surely be given an award or a free season ticket at the very least. Patience of a saint. Nice to hear that Ayr United have the longest living supporter in the world...

...unless someone knows someone who can beat this.


dixie ingram the leader

During the Barr era the irish owner of ryan air offered to roof the north terrace and plaster the roof with ryan air ads as would mainstand and both  roofs at railway and somerset road end  Brentfords ground  roofs were done by klm but as far as am told barr knocked it back as we were heading to the great dream of heathfield ( the money that  stupidly went on the re submission of plans for heathfiled folly would have payed for the north terrace covering)
"Let The People Sing "
Stand Up To Modern Football
Bring back standing

TonyH

Quote from: dixie ingram the leader on August 04, 2016, 14:33:32
During the Barr era the irish owner of ryan air offered to roof the north terrace and plaster the roof with ryan air ads as would mainstand and both  roofs at railway and somerset road end  Brentfords ground  roofs were done by klm but as far as am told barr knocked it back as we were heading to the great dream of heathfield ( the money that  stupidly went on the re submission of plans for heathfiled folly would have payed for the north terrace covering)

I remember flying in to Heathrow and seeing the giant  'Fly KLM'  signs at Griffin Park.
Always thought we could do the same.

MOD67

New stand, with infrastructure, ditch dreary Heathfield thoughts, tart up the rest...sorted

The real jolly

It would stop the seagulls from shitting on us

The real jolly

Seems unlikely but the heathfield idea was to have office accommodation built in which I'm sure was to be rented out to the council and would have brought in constant income and when you see that burns house days look numbered would have been a good idea !

The real jolly

Nice gesture from the club to remove Windows from the side of stand yesterday to provide air conditioning

Ayrzurri

Health and Safety Jolly , imagine a pane of glass fallin on somebody's heid .     We should have put a bit of perspex in it when we were paintin and sandin and weedin . Mon Ayr . In McCall we trust .

Tam_O_Shanter

Quote from: The real jolly on August 07, 2016, 11:29:03
Seems unlikely but the heathfield idea was to have office accommodation built in which I'm sure was to be rented out to the council and would have brought in constant income and when you see that burns house days look numbered would have been a good idea !

If i remember correctly, the chairman was targetting "AAA" companies to rent the office space.  The Council with plenty of surplus office space, was never really in the running. 

Balloon Boy

we could buy the old love street enclosure, i'm sure morton bougt one of the stands for £80,000

titus

Last nights game just proves what i have always said,the north terrace needs a roof.

ghostofjimmysmith

Previous post elsewhere - create a 2020 kickstarter type fund run by fans - pay minimum of £20 a month  - folks who can afford it pay more, get new parents to buy weans a brick, get anyone with any association with Ayr United to give money, fund raise constantly, get fans with milestone birthdays to give the money to the scheme etc. Once we raise enough to build a roof, or if things went really well a stand, we buy the land at a knockdown price from the club and develop it. Also mean we have a say in any future sale of Somerset.

Club never going to develop Somerset.

Ayrzurri

£20 a month for the 500 club and £20 a month for the kick start fund . Seems reasonable .  :)

red dug

Quote from: Ayrzurri on August 12, 2016, 00:27:43
£20 a month for the 500 club and £20 a month for the kick start fund . Seems reasonable .  :)
Go for it

MOD67

Previous post elsewhere - create a 2020 kickstarter type fund run by fans - pay minimum of £20 a month  - folks who can afford it pay more, get new parents to buy weans a brick, get anyone with any association with Ayr United to give money, fund raise constantly, get fans with milestone birthdays to give the money to the scheme etc. Once we raise enough to build a roof, or if things went really well a stand, we buy the land at a knockdown price from the club and develop it. Also mean we have a say in any future sale of Somerset.

Club never going to develop Somerset.


Great post, I believe players should be funded by the club from seasons ticket sales and other endevours, we desperately need a new main stand over there with facilities 2500/3000 at least, this would drive the club on and would be a real long lasting fan initiative, although we would probably need other outside help, a player fund is short term and as previously stated we sign a player on the back of it and he turns out to be shite(it's happened before at Ayr I believe!) it would de value the great effort of the fans, but a stand would be ours for years and give the fans a huge amount of long lasting pride.

dixie ingram the leader

After the heathfield saga i wrote to the club about buy a brick scheme for new enclosure on north terrace still awaiting reply back so dont hold your breathe for ground inprovements from our forward thinking boardroom
"Let The People Sing "
Stand Up To Modern Football
Bring back standing

Lochwood

Get a committee together and meet with the board,to see if they are ok with it, then go for it sure it would add to the atmosphere at the ground

The real jolly

Yes maybe our directors can tell us what plans if any they have for the short or long term for different parts of the stadium,mind you some of them may need a sat nav to show them where Somerset is !