Greg Fleming

Started by Doyle, October 03, 2016, 08:40:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Doyle

A lot being said about Greg Fleming our Keeper, he is in my top 5 of all time, here is my list, lets see yours .....
1] Davie Stewart 2 ] Hugh Sproat 3] George Watson 4 ] David Castilla 5] Greg Fleming........

Ian Boswell

Don't know that I could run to five without having people rated equals. I would list Davie Stewart, Hugh Sproat and Kristjan Finnbogason. KF only made nine appearances for Ayr but I thought he was outstanding. I even went after that to a game at Killie, just to see him play against them. He was superb. I also have good memories of Henry Smith.  In more recent times I would certainly pick Greg Fleming as the outstanding man between the posts.

Oh, that makes five!

PS: the wee guy from the Faroes was entertaining.

ghostofjimmysmith

Was only there a season but surely Kevin Cuthbert is in with a shout as he contributed massively to us finishing in the play off position - also had a fantastic performance against k*ll*e at Hampden

Fleming a great solid keeper, especially when you consider the clowns we have had in recent seasons (Alan Martin excepted) - noticeable that on Saturday, Dunfermline fire their Murdoch back into the starting line up despite him having been injured for months, rather than persist with David Hutton - our bad luck.

titus

Who remembers barry corr.i think it was against ross co that he let 3 in ,and that was all in the first half.
he never came out for the 2nd half and till this day has never been seen again.

ghostofjimmysmith

Also remember big Ludo, who whilst he was a solid keeper, everyone perceived as being a bit of a pu**y on the physical stuff - until the Forfar striker went in two footed on him and he got up an malkied him.

AUFC 1910

Quote from: ghostofjimmysmith on October 03, 2016, 16:36:46
Also remember big Ludo, who whilst he was a solid keeper, everyone perceived as being a bit of a pu**y on the physical stuff - until the Forfar striker went in two footed on him and he got up an malkied him.

Think he got flushed down the toilet
Somerset Ragazzi 2011

shuggie sproat

An absolute standout in my book.Will be lucky to hang on to him as bigger clubs surely must be interested.

DavidKennedys_Hand

Quote from: titus on October 03, 2016, 14:39:26
Who remembers barry corr.i think it was against ross co that he let 3 in ,and that was all in the first half.
he never came out for the 2nd half and till this day has never been seen again.

Strolled up to Clydebank in the Juniors a while later and lost 13 goals in 4 games or something

titus

Gazza

Quote from: Doyle on October 03, 2016, 08:40:00
A lot being said about Greg Fleming our Keeper, he is in my top 5 of all time, here is my list, lets see yours .....
1] Davie Stewart 2 ] Hugh Sproat 3] George Watson 4 ] David Castilla 5] Greg Fleming........

We have had a catalogue of really poor goalkeepers over the years but Castilla in the top 5, not for me.

Jester

Quote from: ghostofjimmysmith on October 03, 2016, 16:36:46
I heard that the Forfar striker called him a n****r.

Doyle

Greg, named in team of the week, well deserved... Dunfermline 1 v Ayr U 1.................Pen King, no doubts.......