Return of the Ragazzi ?

Started by TonyH, April 11, 2017, 15:11:21

Previous topic - Next topic

D.Armour Appreciation Soc

Quote from: wuffster on April 11, 2017, 23:10:09

If you want to get rid of that behaviour you need to report it to the police. People obviously reported the bad behaviour you are concerned about which led to the police having a special unit (FOCUS) at some of our games (a few seasons ago now, thankfully).

If you report it there won't be much done but it is better than bumping your gums on here. If you don't report it people might think you are exaggerating alleged incidents in the past to buttress your own point.

The Riordan incident was a shocker.  I was standing beside Digital Exile at the time, and his point is NOT being buttressed in the Slightest.  The expletive shouted to the Player was bad, the kind of stuff you would have expected to hear at an Old Firm game in the 70's.  He was shouted down by several 'real' Ayr Fans.  The Police Officer was beckoned, and the culprit was indentified, by several supporters. NOTHING HAPPENED.  That was some time before FoCuS was set up.  I think in the last 2 years the incident would have been treated differently by the Police, I'd like to think so.

Should a group of 'kids' decide that they want to form a group, and help create an 'atmosphere' its the duty of the club, and the support, to educate them on what is, and what is NOT suitable behaviour.

ghostofjimmysmith

Can't wait for the return of "you're just a sh*te Junior Mendes" to any black player we take a dislike to.

Also if we play Hamilton "Hope you don't die in your sleep Dougie Imrie"

No idea if any of that was the Ragazzi but pushing the limit on a bit of banter.

On a positive note it was good that they found a song that summed up being an Ayr supporter - "it's a heartache" and also liked our version of Anarchy in the UK

Can we get the Feyenoord boys back as well.

Anyway it was some old punter not the Ragazzi who asked Billy Dodds "Where's yer sister now Dodds' not long after she died.

wuffster

Should a group of 'kids' decide that they want to form a group, and help create an 'atmosphere' its the duty of the club, and the support, to educate them on what is, and what is NOT suitable behaviour.
I agree. I hate smoke bombs and flares at games - the worst kind of desperate attention seeking and with a real cost to the club.

I still think it does not help the original poster's argument (against a new Ragazzi?) to conflate it with other issues.